Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 1944

Dec 12

Dear Mother:

As you can see by my beautiful stationary that we are down in El Paso Tex.  I guess you are wondering just what is coming off and I will tell you.  We got so tired of Roswell we decided to come and see the bright lights again.

We came down yesterday on a 7PM bus and had quite a lot of fun looking around the town.  A gentleman packed us up in his Buick and took us around to see the sights.  Actually there are not many things to see but we had a lot of from just riding around.  We are going back tonight on a 9PM bus and sleep most of the way.

Hotel Cortez
Modern day office building
Maybe you wonder who my companion is.  Well he is William J Sampert of Dallas Tex.  We do a lot of traveling together and we both get a big kick out of it.  By the way he has invited me to his home on my way next leave and I have accepted him.  I plan to spend about 2 or 3 days there before coming home.

You know Sat we had nothing to do and decided to go somewhere.  We went to the bus station and took the first bus out and here is where we ended up.  Some fun.  It really is fun to just take off and go somewhere and have and leave no responsibilities behind.  Guess I have an itchy foot too.





With love
Austin.



Not to brag or anything


No comments:

Post a Comment