Monday, December 21, 2015

December 1945

December

Dear Doc,

Hello, Lt. Rounds, or should I say Mr. Rounds?  Just a short note to let you know, Doc, I haven't forgotten you, such a thing is not possible.

These mad San Antonio shoppers are going to drive me crazy before the Christmas holiday.  I'll be so glad when Christmas comes and Jo and I can go home.  I wish today was January 16th.  Boy, what a glorious day that will be.

It has been very cold in San Antonio, but, of course, no snow.

Well, Tex, now that all the citizens of Stoneham have recovered from the shock of seeing your boots, you can settle down to a quiet life with one of your father's most admirable secretaries.  For you, Doc, that may be a very good thing.

Doc, there are so many things I want to tell you.  Please be patient, I'll write you a nice long letter soon.

Tell me, Lt. Rounds, where are all those Third Airforce men?

It's getting late - will write tomorrow - 

Good night, Doc - 

Anne - 

No comments:

Post a Comment