Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 1943

Card #1
Typical of California, beautiful and spacious, the Lost Angeles Union Station is one of the most attractive in the country.  Built at a cost of $11,000,000, in a setting of unusual beauty, it typifies to visitors, the charm and hospitality of Lost Angeles and Southern California.
 These are the cards could have been bought in Needles Calif.  But I knew I could get them later.  So I got them in Los Angeles where we had a couple of hours stay over.  Here at Union Station we ate supper...


Card #2


and changed from Pullman to a stream lined day coach.  It was really the thing and an experience I had never had and I doubt if anyone at home has either.
These other two cards are just post cards which came along with the 3/5 cents sale.  They seemed very

Card #3

gaudy and seeing how everyone is interested in flowers they give an idea of what kind of flowers we saw along the way.  As yet however the most I have seen of Calif is a lot of desert.  All the state seem to be barren except for the land west of San Bernardino as this seems to be the first place with real Calif appearance.

With Love
Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment